PET NURTURE is a Unique Mobile Animal Wellness Centre.
Pet Nurture delivers safe and effective Rehab Therapies for Small Animals. Behaviour & Training for Feline Companions and Loving Pet Care services for dogs and cats.
Through our specialist Myofunctional therapies and wide range of pet care and training services, we help your pets; de-stress, move better, recover faster, live longer, be happier and healthier, and because our service is mobile, your pet is cared for in the comfort and privacy of your home.
Pet Nurture prides itself on genuine and personalised service, passion about what we do and our industry, long lasting relationships with our clients and partners, preventative animal health care and conservative treatments in a nurturing and professional environment.
Pet Nurture offers In-home and phone/email/Skype/Zoom consultations to pet owners and continually strives to educate and empower pet parents to achieve balance, happiness, longevity and improved pet quality of life.
MEET OUR NURTURING TEAM
Melina’s love of animals began in childhood, when she would care for sick or stray dogs and cats while dreaming of becoming a Vet. While working in the Veterinary field she found a distinct interest and passion in Small Animal Rehabilitation and Feline Behaviour. Melina has many years of experience handling and caring for animals: her own, as well as pet sitting, cat minding, dog walking, nursing and rehabilitating her clients’ beloved companions. To complement this natural compassion for animals, she has added professional skills, memberships and qualifications to round out her holistic approach to animal wellness.
- Qualification: ISFM Certificate in Feline Nursing – Distinction (ISFM CertFN)
- Qualification: Canine Myofunctional Therapist (CMT)
- Certificate of Completion: Karen Pryor Academy Train Your Cat
- Certificate of Completion: Fear Free Certification Program
- Certificate of Completion: Canine Behaviour Training Diploma
- Certificate of Completion: Physical Therapy (Canine & Feline)
- Statement of Attainment: Canine Fitness Trainer Program
- Statement of Attainment: Introduction to Companion Animal Pain Management
- Statement of Attainment: Introduction to Canine Osteoarthritis Case Manager
- Statement of Attainment: Animal Health Care and First Aid
- Statement of Attainment: Basic Animal Care
- Member: Veterinary Nurses Council of Australia (VNCA)
- Member: International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants (IAABC)
- Member: Small Animal & Equine Naturopathic Association (SAENA)
Melina is currently studying Advanced Feline Behaviour for Vet Professionals. She also gives her time and expertise to several animal rescues and volunteers at Monika’s Doggie Rescue and pet adoption events.
Melina’s discovery of holistic natural therapies started several years ago following her own diagnosis of a recurring digestive disorder, which was treated successfully with alternative treatments. Then, when her beloved pets suffered from anxiety, skin, mobility and digestive conditions of their own, natural therapies and bodywork were used in combination with western veterinary medicine to bring them back to full health.
Melina contributes to various animal publications and also the founder and admin of the Facebook group: Feline Courses, Seminars, Webinars & Events