Feline Therapeutic Massage
Therapeutic Massage is one of the most commonly used physical therapy modality encompassing a wide variety of remedial massage of soft tissues and stretching techniques. It encourages proper muscle function and aids restricted joint movement.
The effects of massage are achieved through various mechanical, physiological and psychological means. When your cat is getting massaged, the muscle is mechanically stretched, reducing its tone and increasing its elasticity.
Feline Therapeutic massage is used to help treat stress and anxiety, musculature problems and specific health issues like spasms, muscle tightness, relief pain and aid rehabilitation as well as for general well-being, flexibility and relaxation.
Flexibility is very important for cats as it helps to protect against injury while Range of Motion (ROM) and Massage techniques can help alleviate muscular pain associated with Osteoarthritis and improve joint mobility.
Therapeutic massage may help in a wide range of areas:
- Reduction in muscle soreness and muscle fatigue
- Decrease in inflammation
- Restoration of function after surgery or injury
- Rejuvenation of circulation, lymphatic system and flow of blood/oxygen
- Assistance of joint movement and musculoskeletal problems
- Relaxation of the nervous system and improvement of emotional well being
- Increased nutrient supply and intake
- Flushing of toxins and metabolic wastes from the system
- Interruption of pain cycle and release of endorphins
- Strengthening of the immune system
- Increase of flexibility and Range of Motion
- Break down adhesion and scar tissue
Cats usually only accept short massage sessions with a cat friendly approach. Successful massage treatments and rehabilitation requires a good understanding of feline behaviour and handling skills.
Pet Nurture offers qualified therapy in the comfort and privacy of your home. Treatment can be used on its own or as a complement to western veterinary medicine with a referral from your veterinarian.
Following treatment, you will receive home therapy advice on exercise, environmental or lifestyle changes, ongoing care and follow-up support. You will always feel nurtured throughout your time with us.
If you’d like to book or discover more about Feline Therapeutic Massage in Sydney, contact Melina on 0403 939 202 or Enquiries@petnurture.com.au
We are not veterinarians and do not diagnose any conditions, perform surgery or prescribe medications, we can assess the muscles as part of being a Myofunctional Therapist. Muscle therapy is not a replacement for proper veterinary care and any injury or disease must be medically diagnosed and treated by a veterinarian.