FELIWAY® the secret to happy cats
Feliway is a synthetic analogue of feline pheromones that may be applied preventively or therapeutically and aid in the management of stress and distress.
Pheromones are a type of olfactory (or scent) chemical communication that all cats use to interact with each other, and the world around them. Released from special glands around their bodies, all felines produce a wide range of pheromones, that send different meanings and messages to other cats and influence behaviours.
Cats have lots of different scent glands that release pheromones, and many concentrated around their face, on the chin, lower ears, forehead, cheeks and around the mouth. There are also scent glands located in your pet’s paw pads, around nipples for female cats, and pheromones in their urine.
Feliway nurtures your relationship with your cat, by creating a loving environment at home.
FELIWAY comforts and reassures cats and kittens, reducing signs of stress such as urine spraying, scratching, fighting or hiding.
Clinically proven, veterinary used and recommended.
How to use pheromone therapy for cats:
Just screw the vial into the electric Diffuser unit, plug it into an electric socket and switch it on.
Leave the Diffuser switched on during stressful times or continuously in cases of chronic stress.
Diffuser should be plugged in rooms/areas where cats spend most time (most efficient in smaller areas).
Applications for FELIWAY in the home environment
Adding in pheromones may help create a calmer environment and has been shown to reduce stress in cats with Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC) and in other situations. Research has also shown that it may have the ability to reduce conflict behaviours including:
- Help settle into a new home
- Distress, fear, and stress reduction
- New pet or baby introduction
- Territorial scratching reduction
- Coping with renovations or new furniture
Good to Know
- Each FELIWAY Refill covers an area of up to 50-70m2
- Each Refill lasts up to 30 days. Depending on its environmental surrounds, each refill may last between 3-5 weeks
- Avoid plugging in the FELIWAY Diffuser under shelves and furniture, or behind doors, curtains and furniture
- Ensure continuous comfort to your cat by using a Feliway Refill every month
- The electric Diffuser plug should be checked monthly and replaced every six months to ensure optimum effect
Already have the diffuser? You can buy Feliway Refills separately.