Designed with a waffle-like textured pattern, this innovative pet treat and food mat makes your cat’s favourite treats and food last longer while helping relax and soothe your pet’s anxiety or simply to cure their boredom, especially when you’re away from home. The deep pockets inside the cubes give you a small area to place soft pet treats or even kibble. This makes it easier for you to control your cat’s food portions during meal times.
As your cat scrapes their tongue over the textured surface, they will experience a relaxing and cleansing sensation. The textures will help scrape away food particles and bacteria from the tongue, which aid in improving overall dental and oral health. Repetitive licking also boosts saliva production that leads to better digestion due to the enzymes found in saliva. You can freeze treats (e.g., homemade bone broth, softened cat biscuits, treat pastes) on the Lickimat Slomo to give your cat a cool treat to enjoy in the heat. Use wet or dry cat food to help slow-feed your pet during mealtimes and place a small amount in some or all of the cubes of the Lickimat Slomo.
Benefits of Licking and Slow-Feeding Your Pet
Repetitive licking can help calm and soothe your dog or cat by releasing a endorphins that aids in relaxation and de-stressing. Lickimat product can help make stressful situations easier to handle for your pet.
Adding treats to the Lickimat entices your pet to the mat and encourages them to lick over the textured surface to stimulate the calming hormone and keeps them focused on a certain activity. Lickimats can also help redirect their licking behaviour to a specific point rather than all over your furniture, carpets, etc.
You can use Lickimats to help slow-feed your pet. Slow-feeding is the process of forcing your pet to eat more slowly, and it’s ideal for pets that gulp down their food, eat other pets’ foods, and/or eat their food too fast, which can lead to indigestion and even choking.
Make mealtimes less stressful for you and your pet!
- Textured pet treat mat designed to help combat boredom and calm your cat to improve behaviour
- Can be used as a slow-feeding treat or food mat to help prolong meal and treat times – prevents indigestion and choking
- Great to use as a medical-free way to help calm and soothe your pet during stressful times or when they’re bored at home by themselves
- Provides a way for your pet to release a calming hormone to help them relax
- Stimulates saliva production to better digestion/gut health and helps clean the tongue to improve dental and oral health
- Made from non-toxic and food-grade TPR and PET materials
- Safe for dishwasher use and can be placed in freezer for frozen treats
- Do not use this product if your cat is prone to Feline Acne.
Colours Available: Pink, Blue
Dimensions: 20cm x 20cm