Zylkene® is a natural product and has no known medical or medication contraindication. It is safe to use in pregnant and lactating animals and has no minimum or maximum age limit. Zylkene is also lactose free.
How to give Zylkene®
For short term use: Fireworks, Travelling, Being away from home (holidays, kennels, catteries), Nursing and Weaning. Begin administration 1-2 days before the predicted event or change in environment. Some animals may need earlier administration (5-7 days).
For long term use: Animal adoption, Being home alone, Moving to a new house, Cohabitation with other pets, New baby in the household and Thunderstorm season. Start giving Zylkene® for one month then reassess the pet. Association with a behaviour modification program may help in these situations.
Zylkene comes in three strengths:
- Zylkene Capsules 75mg (30 capsules)
- Zylkene Capsules 225mg (30 capsules)
- Zylkene Capsules 450mg (30 capsules)
|Capsule Strength (Dogs & Cats)||Weight||Daily Dose|
|Zylkene 75mg||0-5kg||1 capsule|
|Zylkene 75mg||5-10kg||2 capsules|
Zylkene Capsules can be given whole or can be opened and the powder mixed with food, treat or liquids. Ensure total dose given and received. Don’t sprinkle on a large meal as animal will only eat small amount and not receive optimum dosage.
- Always consult your veterinarian prior to administration of any supplementation.
- Water should be available at all times.
- Not suitable for severe anxiety and behavioural problems.
- Not suitable for cats with digestive disorders; diarrhoea
- Capsules contain a palatable, water soluble powder that appeals to both dogs and cats